Agile Coach - Transformation
Within the context of our continuous commitment to enable world class science, new job opportunities have arisen for becoming part of the Agile Coaching Services within Agile Change Delivery
About the team:
The Agile Change Delivery team is responsible for the successful delivery of large and complex programmes that support outsourced and bundled operational services to scientific programmes across, via multi-disciplinary, highly skilled teams, applying agile best practices that adapt to organisation needs. The team is a combination of Programme and project managers, Agile Coaching Services, Business Systems Analysts and Technical experts to help plan, collaborate and deliver.
About the role:
As Agile Coach - Transformation, you will be a change champion and be in charge to help programs and teams to deliver value efficiently and frequently to our customers through Agile ways of working that adapt to organisations needs.
The Agile Coaching Services Team advocates and adopts a set of common values as depicted below:
People first - We support and coach teams to empower and motivate their people by expressing their talent and inspirations, and to overcome their pain points.
Continuous improvement - We strive for continuous improvement through understanding how teams work, learn from experience, challenge the status-quo and leverage good practices.
Frugal innovation - With a resilient mindset, we always look for creative solutions, seeking simple and pragmatic ways of working to maximise value.
- Certification in Agile delivery method or experience in one of the following framework: Lean, CMMI, Scrum, SAFe, LeSS Kanban
- Strong understanding of systems engineering in both Agile and V-cycle environments
The ideal candidate would have the following skills and experience, but do not hesitate to apply if you do not tick all the boxes but believe this job is made for you, and you can have an impact !
- IT or Project/Program Management Experience in a multidisciplinary context
- Strong Agile mindset
- Coaching and mentoring
- Strong understanding of systems engineering in Agile and V-cycle environments
- Successful track record of leading tangible improvements, or agile/scaled agile transformations
- Excellent communication skills, self-driven, ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic-customer-focused environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving, planning skills, critical thinking, ambiguity tolerance, creativity and strong emotional intelligence.
- Comfortable in supporting multi disciplinary teams in complex environments
- Experience in backlog management and collaborative tools to support agile ways of working (JIRA, Confluence, GIT…)
- Show an ability to gain an understand of other professionals ‘problem solving’ requirements
- Strategic thinking, pragmatic and ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other staff
- Proven ability to influence, negotiate and communicate clearly.
- Can demonstrate initiative, creativity, flexibility and a personal ethos of continuous improvement
- Flexible and adaptable to meet changing needs
We have a flexible work ethic and we can offer hybrid working with a mixture of working on site and at home.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria set out above and in the job description
Closing date for applications 28 August 2022 however applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and the role may close when a successful appointment has been made
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.