Business Systems Analyst - Informatics and Digital Solutions
About the role:
You will be a systems and solutions design champion and will take responsibility of the technical implementation, maintenance, and support IT and information systems to meet the business needs and scale as the organisation grows.
You'll analyse and create tests and are accountable for the requirements for the delivery teams.
You will work with stakeholders, internal or external, to understand business processes, needs and problems.
Be responsible for understanding business change needs, assessing the impact to capture and analyse the technical requirements to support the communication and delivery of those requirements with relevant parties, including business analysts, project managers.
About the team:
The Agile Change Delivery team is responsible for delivering large and complex programmes that support outsourced and bundled operational services to scientific programmes across. The team are responsible for planning, leading, organising and motivating delivery teams to successfully deliver a portfolio of work at an agreed and sustainable working pace, applying agile best practises that adapt to organisation needs.
For full job specification please see job description attached.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent industry experience (Systems / Business Analysis or Quality Assurance)
- A degree in IT / Computer Science
- Knowledge of complex business process re-engineering, and requirements gathering approaches
- Clear understanding of technology and information management systems
- Demonstrates ability to capture requirements using various approaches and tools e.g. context diagrams/mind maps/stakeholder analysis/process mapping/scenario modelling/business case production/entity relationship diagrams
- Confident and capable to facilitate workshops alone and to present findings to clients/customers and stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills
- Some Technical background and experience
- Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
- Experience of operational Service Delivery/Operations environment in an sector
- Experience of working in a customer facing and relationship management role
- Experience of dealing with complex stakeholder situations
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills
- Professional in approach and behaviour
- Energetic and resilient, demonstrating experience of leading organisations that may be resistant to change
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and experience within at least one business domain; e.g. Finance, Supply Chain, Systems Automation
We have adopted a hybrid working pattern that allows employees to work flexibly doing so office based and remotely.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, the role will close when a successful appointment has been made.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.