A new opportunity to join the Wellcome Sanger Institute as a Compliance Officer where you will work in a team of professionals supporting world-leading science.
You'll be a strong team player with excellent communication, administration and organisational skills, who is looking for a regulatory compliance role.
About the role:
You will ensure the Tree of Life Programme’s research activity complies with licensing and legal requirements associated with the acquisition of non-human samples for research, including relevant national and international legislation, UK wildlife law, CITES, CBD and the Nagoya Protocol.
You will be responsible for advising on and communicating requirements to our researchers and external partners, managing and developing systems for recording all relevant information, ensuring that any restrictions on use, or requirements for reporting to collaborating partner organisations, are communicated to relevant staff.
Reporting directly to the Institute’s Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will also work closely with the Tree of Life’s Head of Strategic Delivery and Operations, and fully embed yourself within the Tree of Life Programme administration team.
- Graduate qualification in a relevant scientific / environmental discipline, for example, biology, ecology, environmental management or geography or equivalent experience working in a scientific / environmental discipline
- Excellent and proven administrative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and reporting skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage complex processes involving a number of individuals
- Fluency in essential IT skills including spreadsheet analysis
- Proven ability to work well within a team and with external parties
- Some knowledge of UK wildlife law / permits / licences / consents relating to non-human samples
- Experience of working in a regulated environment or for a regulator
Our Campus provides a unique and beautiful working environment with an impressive range of services and facilities and we pride ourselves on taking care of all our staff and provide a competitive and comprehensive range of benefits for you and your family, to compliment your lifestyle.
We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family-friendly policies and benefits including a flexible working policy for those who may wish to apply to amend their working pattern or arrangement
Closing date: 12th March, 2020
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. We undertake large-scale research that forms the foundations of knowledge in biology and medicine. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth. Find out more at www.sanger.ac.uk or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube and on our Blog.
Set across 130 acres, just outside of Cambridge, The Sanger Institute is located on the stunning Wellcome Genome Campus. Home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale, and creativity to solve some of humanity's greatest challenges.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Genome Wellcome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance Cover and a Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract of 12 months or more)
- Enhanced maternity leave and parental leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme (after 6 months service)
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Genome Wellcome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
Find out more about our Genome Wellcome Campus.
We hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.