We have an exciting position opening for an experienced Executive Administrator/Assistant to join the administrative team at the Wellcome Sanger Institute and Open Targets. Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world-leading genomics research institute. Our work helps improve human health and understand life on Earth. The Institute is a member of Open Targets, an innovative partnership between the academic research institutes and biopharma companies, that uses human genetics and genomics data for systematic identification of novel and safer drug targets.
We conduct cutting-edge genomic research and our administration and support staff play a vital role in enabling and supporting our mission and vision.
About the Role:
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Executive Administrator to provide support to a member of Sanger Faculty with a dual role of a Director of Experimental Sciences of Open Targets and a Group Leader in the Human Genetics Programme at the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
In this role, you will provide administrative support, including diary, meeting arrangements and correspondence including drafting letters, emails or documents on behalf of the Director. Anticipate the needs of the Director and gauge opinion and influence thinking ahead of formal meetings to ensure well focused and productive discussions in support of effective decision making. Management and coordination of travel arrangements, itineraries and meeting papers. Commission, collate and quality-assure briefing materials – particularly for external meetings. Ensure the Director engages appropriately in the development and approval of key documents and communications. Work with the Director, to set their respective short-, medium- and long-term priorities, and ensure diaries and activities align.
In addition, you will be an active and engaged member of the Human Genetics Programme and Open Targets operations teams, contributing to Departmental projects, strategy and objectives, and providing support across the departments as required.
To excel in this role:
- You should have experience of providing high quality support at the executive administrator level.
- You should be a highly organised, efficient, self-motivated and energetic individual who is able to work in a dynamic environment with flexibility, adjusting to varying priorities and finding solutions to challenges that arise. Adept at both time and priority management. Able to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- You will need to be a collaborative team player that is able to build effective relationships with others and contribute to team and departmental objectives.
- Your personal qualities will include professionalism, personal drive, trustworthiness and the ability to work collaboratively.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience of delivering high-quality administrative support to senior management
- Proficient in drafting, editing and proof reading correspondences, documents and presentations
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications, virtual meeting platforms, G-suite etc…
Please apply with your CV and a Cover Letter outlining how you meet the criteria set out above and in the job description.