Are you an experienced Executive Assistant looking to contribute towards solving real global health challenges? If so, this may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity - and we are looking for someone like you! Come and join us at the world-famous Wellcome Sanger Institute.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute conducts cutting-edge genomic research on an unprecedented scale and our administration and support staff play a vital role in enabling and supporting our mission and vision.
About the Role
We are seeking to appoint an experienced individual to provide first-class support as an Executive Assistant to the Director of Scientific Operations (DoSO) at the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
You will provide seamless executive administration to the Director, enabling them to focus on priority activities and ensuring actions are progressed through to conclusion.
In addition, you will be an active and engaged member of the Scientific Operations (SciOps) admin team, contributing to team projects and objectives, and providing support across the department as required.
To excel in this role:
- You should have experience of providing high quality support at the executive assistant level.
- You should be a highly organised, efficient, self-motivated and energetic individual who is able to work in a dynamic environment with flexibility, adjusting to varying priorities and finding solutions to challenges that arise.
- You will need to be a collaborative team player that is able to build effective relationships with others and contribute to team and departmental objectives.
- Your personal qualities will include professionalism, personal drive, trustworthiness and the ability to work collaboratively.
Experience and knowledge:
- Experience of delivering high-quality administrative support at a C-suite/Director level
- Experience of managing Board/Committee cycles, including confidential minute taking and proactive management of actions
- Proficient in drafting, editing and proof reading correspondences, documents and presentations
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office applications, virtual meeting platforms, G-suite etc…
Competencies and Behaviours
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team setting
- Excellent communication skills with experience of interacting effectively with people at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence as required
- Resilient with a proven capability of dealing with sensitive information and upholding confidentiality
- Ability to actively seek and receive constructive feedback to enable continuous improvement in working practices and behaviours