Salary range £19,500 per annum plus benefits
We are looking for a full time gardener to work within our Grounds team. This is an ideal opportunity if you are wanting to continue to develop a career with the horticulture industry.
You will be working ‘hands on’ with a team of gardeners to provide a top class horticultural environment – carrying out tasks such as weeding, planting, grass cutting, pruning, leaf clearing and gritting
You will be able to show some or all of the following:
- Has experience of grounds maintenance on similar sites
- Has NPTC PA1 and PA6 spraying certificates not essential but will enhance your application)
- Has experience of using a variety of grounds maintenance machinery
- Is able to show the ability to plan and organise their daily taks
- Is adaptable
- Able to follow health and safety instructions and have an awareness of these
- Holds a full driving licence
- Enjoys working as part of a team but can also work alone
The Wellcome Genome Campus covers 155 acres of award winning landscape areas. The campus plays host to scientific research, courses, conferences and, has a publicly accessible nature reserve.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Closing date: 11th August 2019