Laboratory Courses Manager
We have a new opportunity for an experienced Laboratory Courses Manager to join the Courses team at Wellcome Connecting Science.
About the role:
As our Laboratory Courses Manager you will lead the laboratory-based portfolio of training courses offers an exciting opportunity to train scientists and healthcare professionals in genomics and cutting edge science, and to support capacity building initiatives in global regions.
You will be responsible for
- Strategic planning, developing and managing practical laboratory-based training courses in genomics based in the Connecting Science lab on the Wellcome Genome Campus or virtually.
- Manage laboratory team to ensure that courses are delivered in a professional and efficient manger, ensuring all health and safety requirements are met.
- Contribute to training development and capacity building activities on the global training programme based in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
In addition, you will manage 2 laboratory staff and be responsible for cross-team programme coordination of laboratory-based training.
- Educated to PhD level in biomedicine, preferably in genomics and/or infectious disease and or significant equivalent experience
- Extensive experience in laboratory work and management
- Strong communicator with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues at all levels to generate and sustain commitment in collaborations
- Highly organised and able to motivate, manage, and coordinate others (who may be more senior) where necessary
- Resilient, maintaining a professional approach when faced with a complex environment
Closing date: 6th December 2021