Laboratory Equipment Repair Team Leader
Salary range £33,993 to £41,547 per annum, plus benefits
We have a new opportunity in our team for a motivated individual to provide technical leadership for our laboratory equipment repair team.
You will lead a small team of technicians providing front line maintenance of laboratory equipment and calibration of pipettes. As team leader you will report to the Technical Services Manager and operate within the Scientific Facilities Team at the Genome Campus. As part of this role you will be using of a number of campus IT systems including asset management databases and electronic permit to work systems.
You will have significant experience in a laboratory environment and equipment as well as some background in equipment calibration.
- Skilled instrument technician
- Significant experience in the skills and requirements of equipment calibration
- Significant experience of (laboratory) equipment repair both mechanical and electrical
- Skilled at working to fine detail
- Experienced and skilled in coordinating and allocation of a complex workload
- Experienced and competent in the supervision of staff
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Competent in producing risk assessments and the development of safe operating procedures
- Experienced in the calibration of pipettes
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a CV and cover letter with your application.
Closing date 25th July 2019