Postdoctoral Fellow - CRISPR saturation mutagenesis screens in Cancer cell lines
The Adams/Trynka labs are seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow to deploy saturation genome editing to understand the function of cancer and immune genes at single nucleotide resolution. You will have the opportunity to work at the leading edge of experimental functional genomics as part of a project funded by OpenTargets.
The Adams/Trynka labs are world-leaders in studying the genetics of cancer and the immune system using gene editing, single cell sequencing and computational analyses. We work together as a multidisciplinary team of wet-lab experimental and data scientists to generate and analyse biological datasets to address the fundamental biological question of how genetic variation contributes to diseases such as cancer and immune disorders and also drug responses and drug resistance.
You will have a PhD in cancer, functional genetics or cell biology, ideally with experience using CRISPR gene editing and running informatics packages. You will enjoy using innovative technologies to achieve your research goals and publish the results. You should have a proven track record of innovation and productivity, be a collaborative team player, have excellent organizational skills, and strong verbal and written communications skills.
When you join us as a Postdoctoral Fellow, you will benefit from a unique learning environment. We are proud to produce and analyse genetic and biological data on a scale unmatched by other institutes in Europe.
We pride ourselves in offering a first-class and well-resourced exceptional learning environment to equip individuals with the knowledge and skills they will need for a successful career in science.
- PhD in cancer biology, cancer therapeutics, biotechnology, cell biology, or related discipline
- Experience using CRISPR-based methodologies in mammalian cells
- Experience performing cell culture in cancer cell lines
- Experience performing molecular cloning, lentiviral production, Western blotting, flow cytometry, and viability assays
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Ability to communicate ideas and results effectively to diverse stakeholders through discussion, talks, and publications.
- Good networking, influencing and relationship building skill.
- Ability to maintain supportive relationships, respecting diversity and cultural differences.
- Strategic thinking skills and the ability to embrace change and seek creative solutions to challenges.
- Introduce leading edge and transformational ideas.
- Take ownership of work, demonstrating pride, adaptability and accountability for achieving results.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize tasks or projects
- Uphold the highest ethical and scientific standards.
- Experience using saturation genome editing
- Experience performing cell based screens
- Knowledge of R or Python programming languages
- Knowledge of structural biology
The position is for a fixed 2-year term, with the possibility of extension.