Project Asset Manager (Estates and Facilities Management)
An exciting and new opportunity to join a growing Estates and Facilities team as a Project Asset Manager.
About the role:
As a Project Asset Manager you will be responsible for the day to day delivery of asset management services, operational and lifecycle projects and stakeholder relationship management across a number of campus assets to ensure that projects and maintenance activities take account of the continued operations of the campus and that disruption is minimised.
You will lead maintenance and project activities within you portfolio. This will include the day-to-day management and auditing of the facilities management contractor to ensure planned and reactive works are delivered to meet the expectations of our campus community.
You will be the stakeholder focal point for all asset management activities. This will include giving technical support and advice to stakeholders and staff, supporting in the delivery of major projects, and acting as project manager/client technical rep for all minor works, various lifecycle projects and act as technical client for all maintenance works ensuring fulfilment of statutory maintenance obligations, inspections and compliance.
- Proven knowledge, experience and/or qualification within Building Services/built environment/Facilities Management/Building Maintenance.
- Experience of working within a live science based environment
- Experience using various forms of contract within the construction and property sector.
- Able to manage a portfolio of work to tight programmes in an occupied environment, able to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work.
- Preferably experience in researching and evaluating technical information, construction options, in a structured and logical way.
- Technical knowledge such as engineering, surveying, carpentry etc
- Appreciation of the importance of H&S, together with relevant training (asbestos, CDM, etc)
- An understanding of statutory compliance and risk management in relation to maintenance and construction.
- Proven experience of budget management, cost control, contract management and report writing, ideally gained within a value for money environment.
Skills and Attributes:
- Self-motivated, pro-active, able to prioritise and manage a varied workload and deliver outcomes within expected time frames. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of developing and implementing new innovative customer services.
- Ability to manage stakeholder relationships with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential.
- Customer focused, continually looking to improve the reputation of the E&F department with both internal and external stakeholders, delivering improved outcomes.
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision-making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office.
The post holder will when the need arises have to work unsociable or non-flexible hours.
We plan to recruit on a rolling basis for this role, until we find the right person for the role.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.