Here at the world-famous and internationally respected Wellcome Sanger Institute, we have an exciting opportunity for a talented Reporting Analyst to review the current report suite and build out functional and non-functional requirements to improve or generate new reports as required. You will work with relevant Product Owners to transform requirements into a backlog for continued implementation of a robust and transparent automated report system.
This role is a key member of the team, spanning both Malaria and COVID genomic surveillance activities.
About the Role
- Ensure scheduled Genomic Surveillance Operational reports run efficiently using data from a variety of internal and external sources.
- Build an understanding of the data to enable you to analyse and validate report outputs with stakeholders to identify any issues or gaps within the current report suite while investigating and resolving any day-to-day issues.
- Provide supervisory support to team members guiding them through requirement gathering and ensuring data sets suit these reporting requirements.
- Able to quickly pick up and understand the existing reports and challenge them to find opportunities for improvement.
- Experienced Analyst with computer programming skills (SQL, Python 3, R) to enable you to deliver valid reports quickly.
About the Team
The Service Delivery team is responsible for the delivery of the end-to-end service, producing high-quality data products and surveillance reports, at scale, in a timely manner, and at a low cost. In the last 24 months, the team has expanded the genomic surveillance service to support the national response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Knowledge and experience in creating and maintaining operational reports
- Strong skills in computer programming (SQL, Python 3, R) for advanced analysis and large-scale data manipulation
- Knowledge and experience using Tableau
- Experience in an Analyst role using both Waterfall and Agile tools and techniques
- Expertise across the full business analysis cycle including epics, user stories, business process analysis, process mapping, group facilitation, task and test analysis
- Understanding of and experience with software engineering best practices
- Track record of delivering results quickly
- Good interpersonal, oral and written skills and ability to relate to a wide variety of people
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Adjusts and adopts communication styles to be effective in a diverse workplace
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and workloads
- Passion for continuous learning
- Apply new approaches and ways of working where appropriate
- Ability to rapidly gain practical knowledge in new operational environments
- Be open minded and willing to try out new approaches and solutions
- Able to prioritise activities and meet deadlines whilst preserving the high level of accuracy
- Take responsibility for tasks, solve problems, meet commitments and close off issues/tasks
- Maintain a high-level of confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Respect diversity and cultural differences and other peoples’ views and opinion
- Experience using service management software (e.g. Jira)
- Experience of working with public health agencies and health data
- Ability to quickly understand scientific, technical and process challenges and break down complex problems into actionable steps
- Contribute new ideas and improvements to own area of work and seize opportunities
Please include a covering letter with your CV and application, outlining your suitability for the role using the criteria set out above and in the job description.