We are excited to announce a new opportunity within the Parasites and Microbes (PaM) Programme, the role of Scientific Coordinator. This role is designed to enable Senior Leaders to focus on the scientific objectives of Parasites and Microbes, the people within it and our Partners, by:
● Triaging and monitoring the flow of multi-platform communications (scientific and managerial) to and from designated Senior Leaders as delegated;
● Providing seamless managerial services including, but not limited to; emails, travel, financial reconciliations, recruitment, logistics, meetings and meeting packs/ minutes; and
● Conducting first round editorial comments and recommendations for scientific papers and supporting professional science writing for them and their team.
You will be a highly organised person, with a flair for detail and a passion for the scientific focus of PaM. Through your knowledge, experience and communication skills you will be able to interact easily within PaM, across our Institute and with our international partners.
You will be a highly organised person with the ability to upwardly manage your designated Senior Leader. Possessing significant experience in Biological Sciences and/ or Genomics, you will be able to direct or respond to as is appropriate the various communications that your designated Senior Leader receives. Having previously written your own scientific papers you will have a keen eye for the detail and an understanding of the science when reviewing new papers and also skilled in supporting the writing of such.
- PhD educated in a relevant scientific discipline [Biological Sciences, Genomics, etc] or equivalent experience
- Experience of providing full administrative support at an excellent level including; managing complex diaries and inboxes, compilation of correspondence, calendar management
- Demonstrable ability to write and proof scientific documentation, with prior editorial or publishing experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office proficiency, both in terms of technical skill and ability to tell a story
- Highly organised and methodical with the ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change
- Able to work with minimal guidance and takes initiative to make well informed decisions
- Building and maintaining effective professional relationships in a research setting
- Highly developed communication skills with experience of interacting and influencing effectively with people at all levels (fluent in English)
- Have a high level of resilience and a proven capability of dealing with sensitive information and upholding absolute confidentiality
We have a flexible-hybrid working pattern model to allow for flexibly between remote and office working. You can also find out more about our inspiring campus here.
Please include a covering letter, explaining how your experience and skills match the requirements of the role, and a CV with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and the role may close early when a successful appointment is made.