Senior HR Systems Analyst
Salary range in the region of £38,116 to £46,121 per annum plus benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior HR System Analyst to join a team that are repositioning how HR Services will contribute to the agenda of enabling and engaging our people.
As our HR System expert, you will be responsible for providing systems administration, maintaining and developing our system to meet evolving business and legislative requirements. You will provide day-to-day comprehensive user support; deliver training and guidance as required on existing and new functionality.
Using your expert systems knowledge, you will be responsible for resolving operational issues, ensuring data integrity, including quality, accuracy, security and usability of employee data, enhancing reporting capability and providing HR analytics.
You will take the technical lead in planning and implementing upgrades, including the adoption of additional modules with enhanced functionality. Actively providing advice on best practice use of the system, continuous improvements and working with colleagues across the institute to ensure the delivery of first-rate user experience.
- HR Information System experience
- Experience of designing and delivering training
- Experience in producing complex HR analytics and narrative to accompany reports
- Project planning and demonstrated system document governance
- Writing and implementing robust tests plans
- Understanding of GDPR regulations
- Process mapping
- Managing third party suppliers
- Ability to quickly comprehend technical details
- Ability to accurately collect, evaluate information in order to understand and assess issues and business needs as well as communicate/present resolution concepts effectively to technical and non-technical proficient individuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with experience of dealing with and influencing people at all levels successfully Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with team, project members and other staff
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and vision and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to manage, plan, prioritise a varied workload and deliver multiple streams of activity to the appropriate deadlines
- Ability to extract, interpret and analyse complex information and produce reports
- High level of competence with Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Professional, proactive, positive, resilient, resourceful, tenacious
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Closing date: 30th June 2019