Senior Service Delivery and Data Analyst: Sequencing Informatics
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Service Delivery and Data Analyst to lead and be responsible for the first line support and service delivery oversight, of internal and external customers of Sequencing Informatics.
You will provide a professional service, managing and delivering the resolution of data and technical issues, reviewing operational supplier performance reports, and highlighting potential productivity enhancements. When required, you will escalate incidents appropriately and coordinate their resolution ensuring exceptional levels of communication and customer service.
About the Team:
The Sequencing Informatics group ensures that the harvesting, storage and analysis of DNA sequence information at the Sanger Institute is as swift and efficient as possible. To do this the team develops software to support the high-throughput data production activities of the DNA Pipelines Operations teams.
The role will require an understanding of bioinformatics and Genetics analysis and experience in SQL, spreadsheets and data mining skills and you must be comfortable in analysing and interpreting large datasets
You will be adept at solving problems and you will also be an excellent communicator with the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audiences. You will plan, organise and schedule your own workload in line with priorities, working quickly but ensuring quality and accuracy is maintained across the operation.
- Degree in bioinformatics, genetics, mathematics, physics or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Background in technology via study or previous roles.
- Solid understanding of Bioinformatics/Genetics analysis and QC.
- Experience in SQL, spreadsheets and data mining skills.
- Working knowledge of Tableau and/or Jupyter notebooks
- Project management capabilities.
- Demonstrated track record of analysing and interpreting large datasets
- Proven track record of consistent delivery in terms of volume/speed/quality in a high throughput environment
Skills and Attributes
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in an independent manner under minimal supervision - capable of day-to-day direction of one’s own workload.
- Ability to lead an area of work and to work effectively with colleagues leading other areas of work within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with an ability to communicate complex technical information and terminology effectively at all levels of the organisation and business functions, and specifically with non-subject matter experts.
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Friendly, inclusive, personable and emphatic
- Comfortable receiving and positively acting upon constructive advice and feedback
- Logical and analytical thinker
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly, displaying a high level of pride and ownership
- Able to work effectively ensuring customer satisfaction within agreed timelines.
- Comfortable engaging with customers, either remotely or face-face.
We appreciate the importance of achieving a healthy work-life balance and support this with a number of benefits, including a flexible working policy for those who may wish to apply to amend their working pattern or arrangement. We welcome applications for this position that are looking for flexible working, such as flexible start and finish times, and equal consideration will be given to individuals regardless of their working preferences.
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the criteria set out above and in the job description.
Closing date: 20 June 2021
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events
In 2020 we were awarded an Athena SWAN Silver Award. We will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.