We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our IT team.
About the Role
You will support Senior Systems Administrators in project work to ensure high quality IT provision for end users.
You will participate in a helpdesk rota which includes: prioritising work, allocating tickets and co-ordinating daily work to ensure a good timely response to issues to maintain an effective IT service.
You should demonstrate a high degree of initiative to investigate and resolve IT/telecoms issues but seek assistance from more senior administrators if necessary.
Through communication with customers, you will develop effective working relationships to increase the understanding and support of end users needs and enhance the IT service provision.
About the Team
Our Second Line desktop support team performs a busy, varied technical role which involves dealing with all kinds of day to day issues including: problems with Windows and Mac computers, configuring telephones and patching network ports among others. You will be expected to deal with customers in a polite and efficient manner and manage your daily support incidents workload as well as help cover team staff shortages and sickness and requests for technical advice from Service Desk operatives.
Working in a small, dedicated and friendly team you will be self-motivated and keen to become cross-skilled with multiple operating systems and hardware. You will receive day-to-day training from your colleagues and have the ability to attend external courses to keep up to date with IT technical skills and certifications.
- Experience of providing a broad based technical support IT service within a complex service environment
- Working knowledge/understanding of range of operating systems including Microsoft, Unix, Linux and MacOSX systems
- The ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of MS Office and range of PC applications
- Good understanding of the internet, global networks and networking technologies
- Ability to communicate effectively (orally and verbally) with all levels of management & staff
- The ability to effectively explain technical issues to non technical users
- The ability actively question and listen to be able to problem solve
- Good level of problem solving/analytical skills
- Experience of delivering customer focused services
- Proven ability and enthusiasm for learning new skills and technologies
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leading genomics research centre. Our findings are used to improve health and to understand life on Earth.
There’s an attractive benefits package on offer at the Wellcome Genome Campus. We appreciate the importance of achieving work-life balance and support this with a number of family and carer-friendly policies. Plus a flexible working policy for those who may wish to amend their working pattern or arrangement.
As well as the usual benefits you would expect, we go much further:
- 25 days annual leave (extra 1 day to a maximum of 30 days for every year you work)
- Auto-enrolment into a generous Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, with enhanced company contribution (for more information, see our Pensions page)
- Up to 2 days annual paid volunteering leave
- Up to 10 days paid Emergency Carers Leave per year
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, an on-site Workplace Nursery salary Sacrifice Schemes for pre-school children and Summer holiday club
- Life Assurance is accessible on day 1 for all
- Group Income Protection Scheme (if on a contract exceeding 12 months)
- Enhanced maternity, parental and adoption leave
- Access to substantial number of courses and training events onsite
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Eyecare and Dental payment plans
- Concessions and discounts from our corporate perks site
Being part of the Wellcome Genome Campus you will be part of the beautiful working environment with an impressive range of benefits, services and facilities also including:
- Free bus service to and from Campus, covering various routes around Cambridge, Saffron Walden and surrounding villages
- A car-share initiative
- Free parking
- A number of on-site venues where you can meet, eat and socialise with colleagues
- A thriving Sports and Social Club which provides members with subsidised access to a gym, tennis courts, sports hall, fitness classes and a vibrant social calendar of events