Accounts Payable Supervisor
Salary range: £31498 to £39729per annum plus excellent benefits
An exciting but challenging opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Payable Supervisor in our Finance Team. The postholder will be responsible for managing the Accounts Payable function for Genome Research Limited which includes a team of AP Assistants. The role will involve the delivery of a comprehensive, proactive and timely operational AP support service for the Institute and to strive to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness within the function.
- Accurate administration of the Purchase Ledger routines
- Line manage three AP staff and provide training as appropriate
- Ensuring the timely closing of the accounts payable ledger to meet reporting requirements
- To develop AP functionality in the Institute finance management system Agresso, including policy and procedures
- Monthly supplier reconciliations and queries
Production of ageing of supplier balances and follow up of debit balances
Assist with ad hoc projects from the finance department
Confident, proactive and flexible with excellent communication and organisation skills, you will be expected to advise and interact with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Experience in an Accounts Payable manager role
- Solid experience in large company AP processes
- Experience or capability of dealing with high volume workflow.
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbally and in writing. Ability to structure and present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, with professional and ethical standards
- Ability , to set up priorities, to work autonomously and efficiently with significant complexity, able to set up priorities and manage busy work schedules and very tight deadlines
- Very disciplined with excellent numeracy skills, good administration skills and excellent attention to detail
- Previous demonstrable experience in decision making in a fast changing environment
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and with cross-functional teams
- Good Working knowledge of software packages.
- Strong controls environment experience and desire to improve and streamline processes
- Open minded to flexible ways of working and able to adapt to new processes and procedures
- Plan and prioritise workload, ensuring that all deadlines are achieved
- Good working knowledge of AP processes gained working in a Shared Service Centre environment.
- Experience of VAT in a charitable and non-charitable environment
The Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease. We use state of the art large-scale genomic approaches to drive world-leading projects to uncover the basis of genetic and infectious disease. Our goal is to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens.
The Institute is located near Cambridge, UK on the stunning Wellcome Genome Campus. This growing and dynamic site is the British hub of genomic science. It hosts the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), Open Targets, a Biodata Innovation Centre and will soon host Genomics England Limited’s 100,000 Genomes Sequencing Centre. The Campus is also home to Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science. Connecting Science inspires new thinking, sparks conversation and supports learning by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus. Its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society.
To help researchers to develop their skills and networks, the Institute hosts a range of scientific seminars with internal and invited speakers, scientific group meetings and skills development workshops.
Our Benefits include: Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, Group Income Protection, Healthcare scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Workplace Nursery and 25 days Annual Leave, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 30, plus Bank Holidays. We also have a gym, two cafes, dining facilities, and a free campus bus service. Our thriving Sports and Social Club provides many opportunities to meet with people working across the campus.
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
To apply, please complete our application form and include a CV and covering letter.
Closing date: 4th May 2017