Financial Accounting Manager
Salary upto: £60000pa plus excellent benefits
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Financial Accounting Manager to provide direction to the transactional team of the Finance department at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute. The role will have responsibility for the management and development of this team and to ensure accurate and timely financial transactions and reporting with appropriate financial controls in place across the department and organisation.
The role will also encompass the preparation of the financial statements for Genome Research Ltd, managing the treasury function and monthly reporting and consolidation of results to the Wellcome Trust.
You will require close working with a multitude of stakeholders and service providers. The ability to communicate both written and orally is paramount and must have strong leadership skills. You must be capable of prioritising a multitude of tasks in a fast paced environment, able to develop relationships at all levels of the business, and have excellent management and communication skills.
- Graduate level, ACA or equivalent qualifications, preferably with a top tier accounting firm or equivalent.
- Strong leadership skills and experience in managing and developing teams.
- Experience in managing and maintaining general ledger.
- Experience in managing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Experience in developing processes and procedures.
- Analysing underlying data and presenting management reports for Senior Managers and Board to an agreed timetable.
- Strong communicator with a track record of advising and influencing at Board level, coupled with the ability to analyse and respond to complex situations
- Excellent Relationship builder with strong ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- An ability to work as part of a team and to lead a team as required to achieve outcomes for the organisation
- Proven project management, facilitation and coordination skills to provide deliverables to tight time frames with various information providers.
- Flexible/innovative approach to problem solving.
- Proven ability to listen, understand business needs and provide solutions in a proactive and principled manner.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate stakeholder needs and proactively respond.
- Resilience to work under pressure and positive ‘can do’ attitude with regards to change.
- Excellent MS Excel skills and ability to develop Excel models to meet business needs
- Intermediate MS Word and PPT skills and ability to write reports and presentations for senior management.
- Awareness of Charity SORP and tax requirements
- Familiarity with Agresso
The Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease. We use state of the art large-scale genomic approaches to drive world-leading projects to uncover the basis of genetic and infectious disease. Our goal is to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens.
The Institute is located near Cambridge, UK on the stunning Wellcome Genome Campus. This growing and dynamic site is the British hub of genomic science. It hosts the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), Open Targets, a Biodata Innovation Centre and will soon host Genomics England Limited’s 100,000 Genomes Sequencing Centre. The Campus is also home to Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science. Connecting Science inspires new thinking, sparks conversation and supports learning by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus. Its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society.
To help researchers to develop their skills and networks, the Institute hosts a range of scientific seminars with internal and invited speakers, scientific group meetings and skills development workshops.
Our Benefits include: Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, Group Income Protection, Healthcare scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Workplace Nursery and 25 days Annual Leave, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 30, plus Bank Holidays. We also have a gym, two cafes, dining facilities, and a free campus bus service. Our thriving Sports and Social Club provides many opportunities to meet with people working across the campus.
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Applications will be considered and reviewed on an on-going basis.