HR Systems and Services Manager
Salary: £31498 to £39729pa plus excellent benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to manage a team of HR administrators, drive HR system improvements and implement new and revised processes where appropriate.
Your goal is to deliver a people-centred, professional and efficient HR administrative and support service, following best practice guidelines and in accordance with Institute procedures. Your key focus is always on the customer experience, quality controls, compliance, accuracy and continuous improvement.
Your HR Systems expertise will be critical as will your appetite for improving and simplifying current processes and procedures. From a personal perspective, you will be a strong team manager, and have a track record in managing an HR administration team and fostering excellent stakeholder relationships with both internal and external customers. Strong communication skills are taken as given.
You will need to develop a detailed understanding of our People Strategy to ensure you understand the key processes and what value they add. This role is a good opportunity to learn about HR systems technology and how it supports the People Strategy.
- To motivate and manage the HR Administrators to deliver high quality HR administrative, transactional and first line advisory service, covering the entire employee life cycle
- To drive continuous improvement: driving opportunities for efficiencies and enhanced ways of working
- Understand the key processes and users that the HR system will support in order that you can answer queries, recommend system changes and implement them, creating value added change
- Understand the HR system roadmap and the impact it has on our existing processes and how it will best support our People Strategy in the future
- On-going testing of the HR system to make sure it meets current and future requirements
- To provide support, learning materials, and training when changes to the HR system go live
- To effectively manage escalated queries and ensure learnings are taken forward and solutions implemented
- Proactive forward planning and prioritisation of workloads and resource to deliver against key objectives
- To provide regular and adhoc HR reporting and data analysis and identify actions to improve
- To assist with HR related projects and initiatives
- To work in close collaboration and form effective working relationships with internal and external customer and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of HR processes, policies and procedures
- Experience coaching and developing team members and building a positive team environment
- Experience working with and supporting cloud, SaaS HR enterprise solutions
- Be open to change and embrace new ways of working, challenging processes or practices to enable a better customer experience
- Customer focus is the priority in all that you do by understanding customer needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions
- Analytical skills to investigate and capture the needs of users, and the ability to investigate causes of problems to find solutions
- The ability to listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape the work of the team to deliver truly impactful results
- A keen interest in the sharing of information and successes
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude and drive to overcome obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
- CIPD is not essential but would be a benefit.
- Knowledge and experience of working with CoreHR SaaS would be beneficial but is not essential
The Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease. We use state of the art large-scale genomic approaches to drive world-leading projects to uncover the basis of genetic and infectious disease. Our goal is to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens.
The Institute is located near Cambridge, UK on the stunning Wellcome Genome Campus. This growing and dynamic site is the British hub of genomic science. It hosts the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), Open Targets, a Biodata Innovation Centre and will soon host Genomics England Limited’s 100,000 Genomes Sequencing Centre. The Campus is also home to Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science. Connecting Science inspires new thinking, sparks conversation and supports learning by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus. Its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society.
Our Benefits include: Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, Group Income Protection, Healthcare scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Workplace Nursery and 25 days Annual Leave, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 30, plus Bank Holidays. We also have a gym, cafes, dining facilities, and a free campus bus service. Our thriving Sports and Social Club provides many opportunities to meet with people working across the campus.
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Application deadline: 23rd July 2017