Salary range: £24589 to £30995pa plus excellent benefits
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute conducts cutting-edge genomic research on an unprecedented ambition and scale, with our Human Resources team playing a vital role in enabling and supporting the people behind this.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a recruitment specialist to join our forward-thinking team at a time of exciting change and transformation.
You will be responsible for delivering a professional and seamless end-to-end recruitment service; whilst also contributing to a number of continuous improvement and employer branding projects which support our strategy to be an ‘employer of choice’.
In particular we are looking for candidates who can:
- Provide a first class, compliant and consistent customer experience for both hiring managers and applicants.
- Employ a business partner approach to working with and developing long-term relationships with internal customers.
- Maximise opportunities to promote the organisation through networking, specialised and social media.
- Ensure attraction and selection of high quality, best-fit candidates from an increasingly competitive marketplace, whilst applying creative and innovative approaches to help us stand out from competition.
You should be a highly organised, efficient, proactive and energetic individual with proven experience of handling and prioritising large volumes of recruitment campaigns which can attract an international pool of applicants. You will also have a good understanding of recruitment processes, best practice and legislation which enable you to provide effective guidance and support to managers, staff and applicants. Previous experience of working in the research or higher education sectors is desirable.
You will need to be tactful and discrete in communication and respect confidentiality. You will be able to fit easily into a team environment as well as being able to work independently. The ability to build effective relationships with managers, staff and external partners at all levels is essential.
If you think you have the attributes, skills and experience that we are looking for, please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute.
- Proven experience of managing the end-to-end recruitment process in a busy HR environment
- Proven interpersonal skills and customer focussed
- Team player with ability to effectively prioritise, multi-task and work independently
- Knowledge of legal requirements in relation to recruitment (data protection and discrimination legislation)
- Proven experience of developing job descriptions and advert copy
- Proven experience of developing selection processes including competency based interview design and psychometric testing
- Experience of using e-Recruitment systems
- Knowledge of candidate sourcing methods including agencies, social media, job boards, print media, specialist press
- Excellent working knowledge of social media and Microsoft Office 2010 products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrable evidence of planning proactive and targeted recruitment campaigns
- Experience of monitoring service levels with third party suppliers
- Understanding of equality and gender issues in recruitment
- Knowledge of recruitment metrics
The Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease. We use state of the art large-scale genomic approaches to drive world-leading projects to uncover the basis of genetic and infectious disease. Our goal is to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens.
The Institute is located near Cambridge, UK on the stunning Wellcome Genome Campus. This growing and dynamic site is the British hub of genomic science. It hosts the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI), Open Targets, a Biodata Innovation Centre and the Genomics England Limited’s 100,000 Genomes Sequencing Centre. The Campus is also home to Wellcome Genome Campus Connecting Science. Connecting Science inspires new thinking, sparks conversation and supports learning by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus. Its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society.
To help researchers to develop their skills and networks, the Institute hosts a range of scientific seminars with internal and invited speakers, scientific group meetings and skills development workshops.
Our Benefits include: Defined Contribution Pension Scheme, Group Income Protection, Healthcare scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Workplace Nursery and 25 days Annual Leave, increasing by one day per year up to a maximum of 30, plus Bank Holidays. We also have a gym, two cafes, dining facilities, and a free campus bus service. Our thriving Sports and Social Club provides many opportunities to meet with people working across the campus.
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute welcomes applications from all candidates irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief, or marital or civil partnership status.
Please include a cover letter with your application.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis