Learning and Development Coordinator (FTC Maternity Cover)
Salary range: £25,545 to £30,910 per annum plus our exciting benefits
Fixed Term Maternity Cover - 12 months
We are currently looking for a Learning & Development Coordinator to join our established Learning and Development team.
You will play a vital role in keeping the Learning and Development team functioning in the most efficient, professional and creative way, ensuring everything is running smoothly.
You will be the glue that holds the team together; offering sound advice, planning the core delivery, ensuring all training requirements are catered for and that the team deliver against the needs of the business.
If you've got experience of L&D and want to develop wider experience in Learning and Development this could be the role for you.
- Established interpersonal skills and customer focussed
- Previous experience in a L&D background
- Experience of the training cycle
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups at all levels
- Supervisory experience or demonstrable experience in helping others to develop
- Proven administration experience
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Enthusiastic approach
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Experience of using e-learning systems
- Extraordinary attention to detail, approachable and flexible with drive, enthusiasm
- Extraordinary organisational skills with sound ability to prioritise work load
- Excellent and confident IT Skills, including a good working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of Training Needs Analysis, Training Design and Training Delivery would be advantageous but by no means essential
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to tackle some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
The Campus is a community of organisations working in genomic research, enterprise, education and discourse. It is home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology, including the Wellcome Sanger Institute which is the largest organisation on Campus, the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), Open Targets and Genomics England. Also located here is Connecting Science - its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, growing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our dedication to gender equality and promoting women’s careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We will consider all qualified individuals without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing date for applications is Monday 26th February 2018, with interviews expected to take place week commencing Monday 5th March.