Chief Financial Office (CFO)
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is seeking a Chief Financial Officer in Cambridgeshire. As part of the board, this individual will be the lead in promoting a financial service that is aligned and underpins the strategic objectives of this well-respected pillar in scientific research.
- Providing robust control and credibility of the finance group of circa 20+ providing direction and aligned to the organisations objectives
- Promote and uphold a culture in respect of financial management across the organisation in support of those with responsibility linked to budgetary and financial requirements.
- Leading short and long-term strategic financial planning
- Providing full transparency over financial performance through timely and accurate reporting and analysis, monthly close, budgeting, forecasting
- Leading the financial risk management framework and exercising best practices in the control environment, reviewing relevant contracts and other agreements
- A degree educated and well qualified accountant with significant PQE (ACA preferred)
- Background within the pharmaceutical, biotech or genetics field would be advantageous
- Previously been within commercial divisions or businesses and can apply this to the organisation
- Ability to engage with senior professionals internally as well as external partners and organisations
- Demonstrates high levels of empathy towards the organisations scientific goals
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to be part of a reputable non-profit organisation.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to solve some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
The Campus is a community of organisations working in genomic research, enterprise, education and discourse. It is home to some of the world's foremost institutes and organisations in genomics and computational biology, including the Wellcome Sanger Institute which is the largest organisation on Campus, the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), Open Targets and Genomics England. Also located here is Connecting Science - its mission is to enable everyone to explore genomic science and its impact on research, health and society by drawing on the ground-breaking research taking place on the Campus.
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to gender equality and promoting women’s careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply or to contact the recruiting partners Eton Bridge please use the "apply now" link below