Finance Partner - Management Operations
Salary range: circa £52000pa plus excellent benefits
We are seeking to recruit a Finance Partner with a broad set of skills to provide flexible, proactive and timely financial expertise at the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
Working with a wide variety and large number of stakeholders you will provide intelligent financial reporting, modelling support and assistance to budget holders across the management operations division (COO, senior management, decision making committees) and the CFO. Alongside the Head of Financial Planning and Reporting, you will support on strategic initiatives and management decisions and provide expert financial guidance and opinion to assist non-finance professionals in developing budgets and managing their financial responsibilities.
Paramount to the success of this role is the ability for you to work independently, demonstrating initiative, creative thinking and problem solving and to build strong open and transparent working relationships with a wide variety and large number of stakeholders.
Effective time management, detailed forward planning and project management ensuring that the goals of finance and key stakeholders are being met is also key to this role.
- Ability to build trusted business relationships
- Ability to understand risk and make judgements based on your assessment of that risk
- Self-starter, comfortable in developing/presenting solutions
- Ability to work independently, demonstrating initiative, creative thinking and problem solving
- Attention to detail, focus on getting the basic financials right first time
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working and focus on delivering benefits for internal customers
- Be comfortable challenging; and being challenged
- Ability to respond positively to constructive feedback
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Excel skills
- Financial modeling skills
- Experience working with senior managers in a large organization
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent or equivalent working experience
- Experience of working in large organisations and cross-functional teams
- Experience in financial management/modelling of facilities and capital projects
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our dedication to gender equality and promoting women’s careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application.
Closing date for applications: 27th May 2018