Payroll and HR Administrator
Salary: circa: £28000pa depending on experience plus additional benefits
A unique and rare opportunity has arisen at the Wellcome Sanger Institute for an experienced Payroll and HR Administrator to assist the Payroll Manager and HR Services team to deliver a high quality, responsive, accurate and on-time payroll, pension and benefits function.
Working with the Payroll Manager, you will manage the administration of all aspects of the payroll, pensions and employee benefits; ensuring compliance with the latest relevant legislation. Managing multiple competing priorities in a defined and demanding time frame, the role will also cover general HR administrative support including but not limited to, issuing contracts, ensuring new starter documentation is accurately completed, maintaining accurate employee pay and benefit information on the HR Information System (CoreHR). Keeping abreast of legal and obligatory payroll requirements is also an essential component of this position.
- Experience of payroll including payroll calculations
- Experience of working with an HRIS system for a medium to large organization (in excess of 1200 payroll records per month)
- Experience of handling large data sets
- Knowledge of current payroll legislation
- Knowledge and experience of working with third party service suppliers
- Ability to handle multiple stakeholder relationships with different and conflicting interests and priorities
- The ability to problem solve, getting to the root of the problem to deliver solutions
- Effective communication skills with an understanding and appreciation of quality customer service
- Demonstrable ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- Experience working with confidential information
- Demonstrates an approachable attitude and a willingness to share information and work collaboratively
- Adaptable, with the ability to learn new IT software and processes, alongside changes in payroll and employment legislations.
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Being flexible in supporting the HR team with additional duties when required.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Passionate about understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We will consider all applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We are open to a range of flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application.
Closing date: 24th June 2018