2 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity
£17,045 per annum plus additional benefits
We have an exciting opportunity in our HR Team, for someone who is interested in making the first step towards developing a career within Human Resources.
We have created a rotational HR Apprenticeship to develop someone with a keen interest in working within Human Resources. The successful candidate will rotate around the following HR functions to gain experience in all aspects of HR.
- Talent, Learning and Development
- Recruitment and Immigration
- Employee Engagement
- HR Partnering
- HR Systems and Administration
- HR Projects
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
This is a varied role with opportunities to contribute to different areas of HR projects whilst developing new skills within a supportive HR team.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, eager to learn, willing, whilst providing a high level of customer service at all times.
The HR Apprentice will work towards gaining CIPD Level 3 Apprenticeship framework, over a period of two years.
- Assist the HR Senior Leadership Team with project work which support the implementation of the HR strategy (Employee Engagement, Reward and Recognition, Diversity)
- Provide administration support to the HR function, including processing new starter paperwork, arranging interviews and meetings, taking minutes, booking catering etc
- Manage recruitment campaigns (developing job descriptions, preparing job adverts, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates. Assist with day to day HR enquiries by phone, email, post and face to face
- Help to organise HR events, activities and learning programmes
- Maintain our HR database to ensure all information is correct and accurate
- Work closely with the Early Careers Talent Manager to recruit, support and develop apprenticeships into the organisation
- Build relationships with managers and staff across the organisation
- Working with the Learning and Development teams to analyses, plan and deliver training needs in conjunction with managers.
- Provide support to the HR Business Partners
- Developing an understanding of HR processes and policies while working with experienced members of the team
- Work towards a Level 3 Human Resource Apprenticeship
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade C (4+) or above, including English and Maths
- No HR experience necessary, but must be willing to learn and put in the necessary work to gain the Level 3 CIPD apprenticeship qualification
- An interest in Human Resources
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Enthusiastic, flexible and proactive
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Good customer facing skills
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Eager to learn new skills
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a world leader of genomic discovery and revolution committed to training the next generation of genomic scientists. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, devoted to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest healthcare challenges.
The Sanger Institute, in the village of Hinxton and about 10 miles south of Cambridge is set on a beautiful and active campus. Onsite restaurants and cafes serve high quality food and drinks including a free drinks and nibbles event every month to celebrate payday. Gym and sports facilities are also available for a nominal fee and the large rural campus is free to explore. Free staff buses and shuttles are provided, for travel to and from work every day from nearby train stations, Cambridge, Saffron Walden and the surrounding villages
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Closing date: 29th June 2018