Senior Project Engineer
Salary in the region of £50,000 plus excellent benefits
A great opportunity for a Senior Project Engineer at the Wellcome Sanger Institute has arisen to work in the Capital Projects department.
The Capital Projects department works with key partner on campus to plan, design, manage and construct new buildings on site as well as to develop and improve existing campus facilities and buildings.
Reporting to the Director of Capital Projects, you will interact and lead a diverse customer base within multiple institutes as well as external stakeholders such as architects, MEP consultant, QS, local communities and regulatory bodies. Flexible and driven you will be able to rise to the challenge of a campus that is constantly changing. You will facilitate and handle building, facilities and infrastructure projects and be a key member of the professional project teams. As part of the role, you will also provide a comprehensive and all-encompassing projects service including at time being hands-on ensuring full adherence to the necessary Regulation and Statutory compliance process.
Collaborative, energetic and committed, you are a strong communicator able to develop and maintain relationships at all levels. You will be adaptable, with an innovative and creative approach, excellent problem solving and decision-making skills. You will have strong influencing and negotiating skills and be able to demonstrate inclusivity and respect for all.
- Have or willing to work towards a degree or equivalent with relevant experience
- Chartered Status registered with the Engineering Council or willing to work towards
- Member of an Industry recognised engineering institute.
- Autocad proficient user 2D
- Experienced in MS Project or equivalent
- Consistent track record of delivery of facilities and services to programme and approved budget with no unauthorised overspend
- Demonstrate previous experience of management of contractors in changing environments.
- Able to present ideas and design options and solutions with recommendations to key stakeholders in language that is understood by non-building services/construction engineers.
- Abilities to work in multi-functional delivery teams
- A full understanding on ACDP
- Effective communicator with and ability to develop and maintain relationship inside and outside area of expertise.
- Is flexible and adaptable to changing circumstances
- Ideally Degree Qualified Building Services Engineer
- Experience of Pharma industry and/or Academic Research design of laboratories
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Passionate about understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our dedication to gender equality and promoting women’s careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application
Closing date for applications: 12th August 2018, however applications will be considered and reviewed on an on-going basis and therefore the post may be filled before the deadline.