Salary range £45,000 to £50,000 per annum plus benefits
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Programme Management Office (PMO) at the Wellcome Sanger Institute, which is a world leader in genome research.
In this role, you will lead a range of cross functional projects including Operations, Regulatory, Faculty, Legal, HR, Finance, Procurement and IT to deliver change to support our scientific programmes. You will be responsible for successful planning, managing, reporting and delivery. Additionally, you will support the development of project management, using a common framework and methodology, across the Institute.
You will be:
- Flexible, professional, proactive, positive, resilient, resourceful, tenacious
- Someone who leads by example and takes ownership of problems
We are interested in hearing from you if you have the following skills and experience:
- Consistent track record of leading and implementing change
- End to end project management experience
- Demonstrable record of success in delivering a number of complex projects through others on time, in budget and to agreed quality standards
- Ability to quickly assimilate and communicate relevant scientific and technical details at different levels
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
- Good leadership skills
- Highly developed excellent communication skills with experience of dealing with and influencing and negotiating with people at all levels successfully
Closing date for applications - 24th August, 2018
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We will consider all applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We are open to a range of UK-based flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.