Accounts Payable Assistant
Salary range; £20,711 to £25,059 per annum depending on experience plus benefits
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual in the role of Accounts Payable Assistant to join our busy finance team at the Wellcome Sanger Institute. You will be expected to deliver a flexible,and timely service to the Institute and Suppliers.
Our objective is to provide an excellent accounts payable service. As an Accounts Payable Assistant your role will include, but not limited to, processing staff expense claims, matching Purchase Order invoices and invoice authentication for non-purchase order invoices whilst interacting with staff and suppliers.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitoring various mailboxes. Open the post including date stamping and logging invoices onto our database. Matching invoices with the relevant purchase order or authenticating ‘one-off’ non purchase order invoices. To ensure non Purchase order invoices are correctly coded and logged into the UBW system.
- Utilise VAT knowledge to verify the accuracy of received invoices, and if necessary liaise with the supplier to correct this treatment and/or pricing queries if applicable, to make sure that the Institute maximises its zero-rated status and complies with current legislation.
- Communicating with end users to ensure that all invoices are approved for payment.
- Resolve any invoice or credit note queries with suppliers in order to minimize balances on suspense accounts. Reconciling supplier statements to allow complete and accurate creation of payment batches.
- Check staff expense claims, code as appropriate and process via UBW accounting system.
- Provide support to the Accounts payable supervisor with other ad-hoc duties to facilitate the month, or year-end procedures as required.
- Grade C or above GCSE English and Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working in a high volume purchase ledger department
- Confident in dealing with internal and external people, both on the phone & face to face
- Ability to organize and prioritize your own workload
- Computer literate, particularly with Microsoft Excel
- Flexible approach to be able to respond to changes in workload at short notice
- Trustworthy, confident
- Accuracy in data entry
- Experience working in a charity environment
- Some experience dealing with staff expense claims
- Experience in using Agresso accounting system
- Keen to take on new tasks
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our dedication to gender equality and promoting women’s careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing date for applications: 4th November, 2018