Senior Technical Assistant
Salary range £19,473 to £23,563 per annum (experience dependent), plus benefits
We have a new opportunity for a Senior Technical Assistant to support the Technical Services Teams in delivery of media, hazardous waste collection and glassware services.
You will principally be in the provision of the media service making a wide variety of batch media for our research laboratories, though some work in other areas may be required. You will require the manufacture and delivery of batch media including QA testing.
You will be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to the changing demands of our scientific endeavors.
Working as a Senior Technical Assistant can be physically demanding at times, pushing trolleys laden with media and or glassware as required around two large separate buildings.
- Laboratory experience in a relevant field
- Basic literacy and numeracy
- Good communication skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to work without supervision
- Organisational skills - able to organise own workload
- Basic supervisory skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Communication skills
- Experience of similar service duties
- Ability to undertake basic trouble shooting and solve simple problems
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We will consider all applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We are open to a range of UK-based flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.
Closing date for applications: 31st October, 2018