Salary £17,045 per annum plus benefits
We have an exciting opportunity in our HR Team, for someone who has a keen interest in making the first step towards developing a career within Human Resources. We have created a 2-year rotational HR Apprenticeship where you will experience full exposure to the HR function.
During your apprenticeship journey you will contribute to a variety of projects whilst having the opportunity to learn new skills and gain experience in all aspects of HR within a supportive and encouraging team.
You'll be given real responsibility from the beginning and as a HR Apprentice you will spend the duration of your apprenticeship rotating around the team working within HR Services, Recruitment, HR Business Partnering Team, Engagement, Learning & Development and HR Projects.
You will be able to commence your Apprenticeship in September 2019, and work towards gaining the HR Support, Level 3 Apprenticeship.
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade C (4+) or above, including English and Maths
- No HR experience necessary, but must be willing to learn and put in the necessary work to gain the Level 3 HR apprenticeship qualification (HR Support, Level 3 standard)
- Good verbal written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Enthusiastic, flexible and proactive
- An interest in Human Resources
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Good customer facing skills
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Knowledge of apprenticeship programmes and frameworks
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Eager to learn new skills
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our dedication to gender equality and promoting women’s careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We will consider all qualified applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Closing date: 3rd December, 2018
Interviews will take place in January, 2019