Salary range £33,597 to £40,652 per annum depending on experience plus benefits
We are seeking a highly motivated Grants Manager to join our team at the Wellcome Sanger Institute to oversee the acquisition and management of funding for research projects.
You will require strong interpersonal skills as we work across a large network both internally and externally, building positive relationships and advising on grant related matters.
You'll play a vital role in the team working alongside researchers, across management operations and also in communication with research funders, offering great exposure for someone looking to develop their career in a research operations setting.
- Experience of pre and post award grant administration in a science-/research-based organisation.
- Self-confidence with strong interpersonal skills able to relate to, and work with, individuals at senior levels both within the Institute and externally. Ability to influence and persuade.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Very strong organised approach; ability to multi-task and work to competing and often tight deadlines. Manage complex processes involving a number of individuals.
- Strong team player.
- Proven attention to detail.
- Proficient IT user familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, database & presentation software packages.
- Experience of reviewing grant terms and conditions in a science-/research-based organisation.
- Working knowledge of Intellectual Property.
- Experience of post-award grant administration in a science-/research-based organisation.
- Awareness/understanding of and interest in the Institute’s science.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and promoting equality in careers in science, we hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and have an active Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme of activity. We will consider all applicants without discrimination on grounds of disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We are open to a range of UK-based flexible working options including part-time or full-time employment as well as flexible hours due to caring or other commitments.
Closing date: 2nd December, 2018