Programme Manager - Health Data Research UK Cambridge
Salary range from: £55,000 to £75,000pa dependent on experience.
Health Data Research UK Cambridge is looking to recruit an energetic, enthusiastic and skilled Programme Manager to join our pioneering organisation. The role will be based at the Wellcome Sanger Institute on the Wellcome Genome Campus.
Formed in April 2018, Health Data Research UK (HDR UK) has six UK sites, comprising 22 universities and research institutes, whom work collaboratively as foundation partners to make game-changing improvements in people’s health by harnessing data science at scale across the UK. HDR UK Cambridge is based at the Wellcome Sanger Institute and its collaborative partners are:
- Wellcome Sanger Institute
- EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Cambridge
Our preferred candidate will provide a dedicated operational and administrative support to the Director, Associate Directors and their teams. You will need to take a collaborative approach to your work demonstrating excellent networking and relationship building. You will hold a science degree (or have equivalent experience) and will have experience of working within a research environment. We are looking for individuals who can provide an efficient operational and administrative service within a fast-paced environment and facilitate effective communication between the Programme and key internal and external partners. Strong project management skills, as well as recent experience of handling budgets and producing high quality grant applications, reports and briefing materials will be advantageous.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a desire to develop and progress. If you think you have the attributes, skills and experience that we are looking for, please go to our job description and recruitment pack to find out more.
- Science degree in a relevant subject [or equivalent experience].
- Experience of developing, handling and reporting complex budgets
- Demonstrable experience developing project management documentation to a high standard
- Demonstrates excellent networking and relationship building and the ability to effectively handling both internal and external partners
- Demonstrate an ability to provide, receive and record both routine and highly complex communications, electronically, orally and written
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with the capability to interpret management information to amend plans
- High level of influencing and negotiating skills
- Strategic thinking, ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
- Ability to focus and accurately complete tasks within given timeframes while dealing with unscheduled interruptions e.g. changing priorities
- Highly developed communication skills with experience of dealing with people at all levels successfully.
- The ability to quickly assimilate relevant scientific and technical details
- Familiarity with Regulatory requirements for Human data
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, flexibility and a personal ethos of continuous improvement
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and schedule effectively.
- Ability to work independently
- Project Management training or qualification, e.g. MSP, Prince
- Experience in creation and maintenance of project web pages/sites, newsletters, dashboards
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application.
Closing date for applications: 11th December 2018, however applications may be reviewed and considered on an on-going basis and therefore you may receive an outcome before the closing date.