Recruitment Marketing and Social Media Manager
Salary range: £33,840 to £38,000 dependent on experience
Fixed-term: 18 months
The Wellcome Sanger Institute’s Recruitment and Immigration team have a new and exciting opportunity open for a Social Media and Marketing Manager.
Using experimental approaches, you will lead the development of our recruitment social media strategy to plan & execute robust and impactful marketing campaigns, identifying the most appropriate methods and content for attracting high quality talent to the organisation. You will seek out interesting stories or angles that align with our function’s priorities and expertise and suggest effective ways to communicate them.
Skilled in analytics, you will use data to drive improvements, increase candidate awareness and shape social media strategy and you will also be responsible for the maintenance of our internal and external web pages.
With large amounts of experience in building and implementing multi-channel attraction strategies and a deep understanding of Linkedin, you will need excellent writing skills, a passion for innovation and be skilled at managing relationships. You will be great at managing your time, love data and analytics and be a natural reader/learner to strive to keep your market knowledge up to date.
For an informal chat about the position, please contact Sam Bowker (email@example.com).
- Passion for innovation
- Excellent writing skills – a proven ability to write engaging and accessible content for different audiences and channels
- Experience of using data, and analytics to drive better measures toward building digital campaigns
- Deep understanding of employer branding, recruitment marketing and/or business marketing/social media
- Working independently with a degree of autonomy and ownership
- Strong proficiency in Adobe and all main Microsoft packages (in particular MS Word, Excel, Publisher)
- Strong willingness to learn, grow, and make a meaningful contribution to the team and organisation
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication ability including written and oral skills
- Strong information gathering and problem solving skills
- Experience of recruiting globally
- Understanding of the life science industry and key trends
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please provide a CV and cover letter.
Closing date: 27 January 2019