HR Services Manager
Salary range: £33,840 to £40,946 dependent on experience
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR professional to join a team that are repositioning how HR Services will contribute to the agenda of enabling and engaging our people. You will manage a team of HR administrators and drive process, service and HR system improvements.
Your goal is to deliver a people-centred, professional, efficient HR administrative and support service, following best practice guidelines in accordance with Institute procedures. Your key focus is always on people experience, quality controls, compliance, accuracy and continuous improvement.
Your demonstrable HR Services and Systems expertise will be critical as will your appetite for improving and simplifying current processes and procedures. You will be a strong proven team manager, with a track record in managing an HR administration team, identifying training requirements and managing performance against KPI’s. You will oversee the day to day management of the team and will inspire, motivate and support the team as necessary to maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders and our people. Strong communication skills are essential.
You will be highly confidential, analytical, process and detailed orientated. People focused and bring HR Services expertise and experience.
Key Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- To motivate, manage and support the HR Administrators to deliver high quality HR transactional and first line advisory service, covering the entire employee life cycle
- To drive continuous improvement: driving opportunities for sophisticated outputs and enhanced ways of working including the implementation of new enablement tools
- Have a deep understanding of all processes and related policies in order that you can support your team, colleagues, our people and recommend value added process or system changes
- Support on-going HR systems improvements, supporting testing, providing learning materials, and training where required
- To effectively manage escalated queries, ensure learnings are taken forward and solutions implemented
- Proactively manage workloads and resource to ensure transactional cases are handled effectively and cohesively in order to meet our employees expectations and monthly payroll deadlines
- To provide regular and ad-hoc HR reporting and routine data integrity analysis for follow up
- To assist and lead on HR related projects and initiatives
- To work in close collaboration and form strong relationships with our people and stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of End to End HR processes, policies and procedures
- Experience in managing, developing and motivating teams
- Experience of working with and supporting cloud, SaaS solutions
- Be open to change and embrace new ways of working, challenging processes or practices to enable a better customer experience
- Understand the needs of all customers accessing the service and achieving win-win solutions.
- Good analytical abilities and critical thinking to facilitate problem resolution
- The ability to listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape the work of the team to deliver truly impactful results
- A keen interest in the sharing of information and successes
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude and drive to overcome obstacles
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a keen eye for detail
- Well-developed IT skills and experience of data management
- Highly discreet with a clear understanding of issues of confidentiality
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please provide a CV and cover letter.
Closing date: 31 January 2019