Salary range £26,794 to £32,420 per annum depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
Flexible and part-time working will be considered. (Full time hours 37 per week)
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Administrator to provide a first-class and professional service to our Information and Communication Technology (ICT) team.
You will provide high level administrative support to senior personnel within ICT, their teams and support the delivery of their objectives. This will include, but is not limited to,
- Meeting organisation and note taking of high level board meetings,
- Travel arrangements,
- Meeting schedules,
- administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the team.
With a background working in administration and support roles you will be used to working as a professional, confident administrator establishing relationships with ease.
You will be meticulous, organised and experienced in multitasking, able to prioritise and juggle multiple tasks in a flexible environment, work independently, and able to think on your feet, react rapidly to situations, with a solution focused approach
- Educated to GCSE standard with English and Maths (grades A-C) or equivalent qualifications
- Providing comprehensive secretarial/PA or administrative experience at senior manager level
- Experience of administrative systems and processes
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Appropriate level of data protection, security and confidentiality awareness
- Organising and managing events, meetings and seminars
- Proficient in diary management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident at communicating with all levels of staff verbally and written
- Exceptional organiser with the ability to prioritise and manage work load
- Ability to work independently, but also able to develop collaborative working relationships with other team members
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Confident using the Internet for background research
- Taking minutes
- Financial administration including invoicing and BAC’s
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a cover letter and CV with your application.
Closing date: 24 February 2019