Research Governance Officer
Salary in the region of £33,000 to £41,000 plus benefits
Would you like to work within a team of professionals supporting ground-breaking science?
We are searching for a Research Governance Officer to join us in the Legal, Ethics and Governance Office. You will assist our research and administrative teams in drafting, reviewing and submitting applications and associated documentation to NHS RECs, the HRA, NIHR CRN and NHS R&D.
You will be responsible for tracking the progress of applications through the HRA and NHS approval processes, and advising research staff on external and Institute governance procedures. You will help to develop and manage our processes to enable the Institute to be compliant with the Nagoya Protocol.
You'll be an excellent communicator, you will already have some background in the administrative processes relating to the operation of the approval systems used by NHS RECs, the HRA and/or NHS R&D departments. With great organisational skills, you will work on numerous tasks at once, fully supported by others in the team.
- Excellent administrative skills
- Experience of NHS REC / HRA / NHS R&D approval process
- Excellent written and oral communication and reporting skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage complex processes involving a number of individuals
- Fluency in essential IT skills including spreadsheet analysis
- Proven ability to work well within a team and with external parties
- Graduate qualification in science
- Knowledge of regulations governing the use of human tissues in research and/or Nagoya Protocol
- Experience and awareness of ethical and/or legal issues arising from genetic research
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Closing date: 7th April 2019