Team Administrator - Parasites and Microbes Programme
Salary range: £26,794 to £32,420 per annum depending on experience plus excellent benefits.
Permanent/ Open Contract
The Wellcome Sanger Institute conducts cutting edge genomic research on an unprecedented scale and our administration team plays a vital role in enabling and supporting our science.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and highly skilled individual to provide a first-class and proficient service as a Team Administrator within the Parasites and Microbes Programme at the Wellcome Sanger Institute.
The role will consolidate administrative, personal assistant and programme support. This will include, but is not limited to, diary organisation and coordination, organisation of team and programme meetings and seminars, providing support and arrangements for visitors to the programme, facilitating travel for programme faculty and teams, and other administrative tasks including purchasing, minuting meetings, completing paperwork, processing expenses and generally ensuring smooth operation of the programme.
The ideal candidates will have previously provided a professional and high quality administrative service with recent experience of implementing and managing administrative systems, procedures and policies.
You should be a highly organised, efficient, self-motivated and energetic individual who is able to work independently in a dynamic environment with flexibility, adjusting to varying priorities and finding solutions to challenges that arise. You will need to be tactful and discrete in communication and respect confidentiality. The ability to build effective relationships with members of the Institute and external partners at all levels is essential. Your personal qualities will include professionalism, personal drive, trustworthiness and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Educated to GCSE standard with English and Maths (grades A-C) or equivalent qualifications
- Providing comprehensive secretarial/PA or administrative experience at senior manager level
- Experience of administrative systems and processes
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Appropriate level of data protection, security and confidentiality awareness
- Organising and managing events, meetings and seminars
- Proficient in diary management
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident at communicating with all levels of staff verbally and written
- Exceptional organiser with the ability to prioritise and manage work load
- Ability to work independently, but also able to develop collaborative working relationships with other team members
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Confident using the Internet for background research
- Financial administration including invoicing and BAC’s
- Commitment to and focus on quality, promoting high standards in all they do
- Accepts responsibility and accountability for own work
- Demonstrates professional curiosity
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively
- Solution focused
- Able to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Willingness to acquire new knowledge and skills
- Relevant academic and/or professional qualification in administration or equivalent experience
- Previous experience of working in a scientific environment
- Basic knowledge of project principles
- Proficient in Endnote Shorthand
- Taking minutes
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application. Closing date for applications: 31st March 2019