Learning and Development Coordinator
Salary range: £26,123 to £31,609 per annum plus benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for a learning & development practioner to join our established Learning & Development team. This role is vital in keeping the learning & development team functioning in the most efficient, professional and innovative way. The L&D Coordinator is the glue that holds the team together; offering sound advice, planning the core delivery and ensuring all training requirements are catered for. You will implement effective administration processes in order to provide a smooth service. This opportunity would suit an early careers Learning & Development practioner who is looking to develop wider experience of Learning & Development.
- Strong administration experience
- A passion for delivering a high quality professional service.
- Experience with collection and analysis of data
- Previous experience in a L&D background
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups at all levels
- Demonstrable experience in helping others to develop
- Self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail, approachable and flexible
- Exceptional organisational skills with sound ability to prioritise work load
- Excellent and confident IT Skills, including a good working knowledge of Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of Training Needs Analysis, Training Design and Training Delivery would be advantageous but by no means essential
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a cover letter and CV with your application.
Closing date; 27th March 2019
Interviews expected to take place on Tuesday 2nd April