Compliance Officer (Nagoya Protocol) - 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Salary range £33,933 to £41,059 per annum plus benefits
Fixed term contract - 2 years
Would you like to work with a team of professionals supporting world-beating science? - This could be the job for you!
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to help the Institute comply with the requirements of the Nagoya Protocol and associated regulations.
You will be responsible for advising on and communicating requirements to our researchers, managing and developing the electronic portal for recording all relevant information, and submitting Due Diligence Declarations on behalf of the Institute. Reporting into the Institute’s Regulatory Compliance Manager, you will be deployed primarily into the Parasites and Microbes Programme administration team, but will have Institute-wide responsibilities relating to the Nagoya Protocol.
You will be a strong team player with excellent communication, administration and organisational skills, who is looking for a regulatory compliance role. Appropriate training will be provided.
- Graduate qualification in science or significant equivalent experience
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and reporting skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines and manage complex processes involving a number of individuals
- Fluency in essential IT skills including spreadsheet analysis
- Proven ability to work well within a team and with external parties
- Self-motivated by learning, with the ability to keep own knowledge up-to-date
- Positive, open-minded with a flexible approach
- Knowledge of the Nagoya Protocol
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Closing date: 5th May, 2019
Interviews expected to take place 10th May