Graduate Management Trainee
Salary in the region of £19,077 - £23,083 plus excellent benefits
Permanent / Open contract
This is a unique opportunity to be part of creating and growing a world leading organisation committed to accelerating disease control and elimination in LMIC through the practical use of genetic information.
Reporting the head of the new global surveillance organisation, this role will work on a range of strategic and operational activities gaining exceptional insight in how companies are created, operated and developed.
The role covers a broad range of business, leadership and management tasks with the opportunity for the successful individual to grow and take on more responsibility creating an accelerated start to their career.
We are looking for someone who is degree educated (i.e. Humanities, engineering, business management) with a passion for operations, product development and leadership. No experience is necessary but the successful candidate must be willing to travel and be excellent at building professional relationships at all levels.
During your employment we can offer you:
- A senior team member dedicated as your mentor
- Mentoring program to explore your long-term opportunities
- Exposure and involvement with international programmes focussed on controlling and reducing disease across LMIC
- A comfortable working environment with a first name culture, informal dress code, a company social calendar and modern offices set to the 55 acre grounds of Hinxton Hall and associated wetland reserve.
If you want to make a difference to the world’s health and are looking to kick start your career in operational and strategic management, we would love to hear from you.
- Degree educated (i.e. Humanities, engineering, business management)
- An interest in operations and product development/ Management and leadership
- Excellent at building internal and external relationships at all levels
- Can quickly identify and understand important facts in a complex environment
- Able to develop practical solutions to complex problems
- Excellent communications skills – written, verbal and presentational
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to deal with changing priorities
- Ability to work within and contribute to a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, flexible and proactive
- Good customer facing skills
- Eager to learn new skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to construct and defend rational, logical arguments
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Please include a covering letter and CV with your application. Closing date for applications: 16th May 2019