Salary in the region of £26,000 plus benefits
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Administrator to join a team that are repositioning how HR Services will contribute to the agenda of enabling and engaging our people.
You will be part of a team of HR Administrators who deliver a people-centred, professional, efficient HR administrative and support service. This will include providing comprehensive first line advice to managers and employees on HR policies, procedures, pay and benefits at all stages of the employee life cycle.
You will operate as a subject matter expert in your area of transactional activity, whilst cross training in the scope of HR Services in order to effectively support delivery where required. You will follow best practice and compliance guidelines in accordance with the Institutes procedures.
You will be highly process and detailed orientated, people focused and bring related transactional HR expertise and experience.
Key Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Managing and administering employee life cycle activity, in accordance with established working practices and service agreements.
- Producing accurate correspondence, ensuring quality data is recorded and the timely flow of data changes to Payroll and our benefits providers.
- Provide quality first line advice to employees on a wide range of queries on benefits, policy and procedures.
- Conduct data validation checks in set timescales to ensure that the data held is accurate and up to date.
- Produce regular and ad-hoc reporting e.g. headcount, absence reporting, benefits reporting etc.
- Participate in system testing during upgrades and on-going developments as required.
- Provide administration support on HR Services initiatives and cross-functional project work.
- Contribute to the improvement of HR processes and procedures.
Work in close collaboration and form strong relationships with our people and stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience of administering employee changes across the life cycle within a busy HR team
- Sound working knowledge of HR best practice, in the areas of: process, procedures and legal compliance (including Data Protection)
- First rate customer service skills
- Strong numerical aptitude
- Well-developed IT Skills, proficient user Excel and HR Information Systems
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Diligent individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with conflicting demands whilst maintaining outstanding attention to detail and meeting delivery deadlines
- Shows optimism while navigating changing environments.
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease and a world leader in the genomic revolution, our mission is to use genome sequences to advance understanding of human and pathogen biology in order to improve human health. We aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens. Our science is large-scale and organised into Programmes, led by our Faculty who conceive and deliver our science, and supported by our Scientific Operations teams responsible for all data production pipelines at the Institute.
Our Campus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus is the biggest aggregate concentration of people in the world working on the common theme of Genomes and BioData. It brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity’s greatest challenges.
Our Benefits: Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme, Campus Nursery and Summer holiday club
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts, cricket pitch and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited hold an Athena SWAN Bronze Award and will consider all individuals without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, where everyone can thrive.
Closing date: 29th April 2019